Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sunday, August 24, 2009 - Adjusting to home

Overall it is a harsh nighttime for Nico as well and we guess that it probably is gas related, but who is to know... The new bottle works well, as there is some small flow of its own, so he does not have to strain to get it out, which helps him a LOT to get used to things. One big difference also is the different temperature, as it had been so hot at the hospital and now he has to get used to the far lower temperature at home in our basement, so we have to really bundle him up and make sure that he can keep his heat, because we definitely don’t want him to go blue again.

Val is still having a very hard time with the aftermath of her surgery, so everything takes a lot longer, getting up, laying down, moving overall, so I am stepping up and try to help whenever and wherever I can. I am so happy that I was able to get the time off from work, because we had not anticipated things to be that difficult and as frustrated as mommy is, I am trying my best to help her take care of everything, which works surprisingly well, even more so as we are both sleep depraved.

No comments:

Post a Comment